This weekend is full of festivals, artwalks, and plenty of celebrations around Northeast LA – after you’ve gotten your groove on nearby at the Echo Park Shop Hop and Art Walk, spend some time in Elysian Valley for the Sixth Annual Frogtown Artwalk!
The artwalk is a free, self-guided tour of art studios and galleries throughout Elysian Valley (around Blake Avenue). And to make it extra special, there’s the refurbished LA River bike/pedestrian path to explore.
The streets of Elysian Valley will be humming with activity, and with many art studios to visit and music to hear, you’re not going to run out fun. Events include:
- Community Gardens Event on Rich Street
- Chalk Walk, Fluxus Water Events, and a “Name Dropping” interactive event at the Blake Lofts
- Juried Art Show at Frogtown Gallery
- Hula Hoops on Blake Avenue
- Eclectic Jazz Sounds at 2808 Newell
- Food trucks like Tacos Kevin, Don Chows, Chunk n’ Chip, and Tornado Patato
- Art and Music (including The Lonely Wild) at RAC Design/Build
- Music and t-shirt printing at NOMAD gallery
- Christening of a mural covering three walls of a building featuring the Elysian Valley lowriders
- and more!
See you there!